Saturday 29 October 2011

Fun on the river at night

Hi All
       I'm back but have a problem with the monitor, it sometimes won't turn on, so if I forget and turn it off I maybe back to the laptop.

As the title says fun on the river at night. I waited until after dark to go to Motney Hill. It was about 6:30pm when I got there. I really had no idea what I was going to do and it could have been a complete waste of time.

The first shot of a lit up PS was not that good but what the.. it can only get worse as the wind was shaking the tripod. Light pollution was a problem at first but as I thought there is nothing I can do about it, so I made use of it.

The First shot
I know that I can do better if I get between gusts

Below the PS
This is where the cranes are

For a laugh I took a monochrome

Funny how this came out
 Next a reflection
Reflection 
This turned out a lot better than I thought it would.

Then I moved up the path for a different angle.

Down river over Motney Hill
Grain PS in the distance.

Now for fun one with the shutter open.

16 second shot up river.
The wind did this. I did take the reflection one for 33 seconds.
21 seconds
See the plane go over.

That it for now (the monitor has just turned itself off and on) 


8 comments:

  1. Thanks Mike, the monitor died just after I posted this.

    I have a reserved one at Curry's for this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even at night you can see Eileens PS.
    You did pretty well, the reflections are very good.
    I particularly like the colours of the sky and PS lights in the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is light pollution Sue, it show how bad it is in Medway

    I did increase the colour a bit to make things show up, but it is still bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like this a lot, looks so different when its dark Kayrole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cor ...Trev, a PRETTY PS ! Love 'em ..the reflections are super Trev xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Trev I like the reflections ones also ! Nice to see some night shots !
    regards
    Chris R
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all, it was to give something a bit different

    ReplyDelete

Thanks You for your comment